Tips to Having a Tidy Dorm
What is the best time to start college? Dorm life is the most convenient you will ever experience. You will be close to everything, from food to classes to friends to study areas to part-time jobs to campus events. It can be difficult to adjust to dorm life. This is especially true if you have never lived in a shared room or are used to living in large spaces. These 6 tips will help you organize before moving into college dorms this fall.
- Make the most of your wall space. Hang baskets for magazines and hairbrushes. Keep any other items you use on a daily basis in hanging baskets. Hangers for your closet doors can be a great way of making the most of your space. Door hangers can be used to organize shoes, purses, jackets, coats, and baseball caps as well as snacks. You can take everything, all surfaces, so grab your bedside organizer, tissues, lip balm and lotion, and other necessities.
- Keep all your bathroom necessities in one place. If you have to use the shower with someone else, you can grab a bag and take it along. You should keep your bathroom supplies organized in your own space. Don’t clutter the countertops with your stuff.
- Get rid of junk as often as possible. If you live in tight quarters, it is important to get rid of everything you don’t use. Spend a few minutes each month sorting through your belongings to find the things you don’t need. These items can be sent home to your parents or placed in temporary storage. You could also donate them to a local charity.
- Choose a place to study. You can find your favorite places in the library and around campus, but you should also make sure that you have a small study area in your dorm. You may find times when you prefer to study indoors such as during heavy rainstorms. In these cases, make sure that you have enough space for your laptop and books in your dorm room.
- Always have an extra set of sheets and towels. It is not a good idea to keep only one set of sheets and one towel. Sometimes you will be extremely busy and not have the time to wash your laundry.
- You can rent a small storage unit nearby to store your extra clothes and sports equipment. You don’t need to have the entire space for yourself. Consider sharing it with a friend.
Do you need extra space in your college dorm room? Greenbar Secure Storage is the best place to find extra space in your college dorm. Storage units come in a variety of sizes, including small closet-sized units and two-car garages. Contact Greenbar Secure Storage today to reserve your unit!
This post was written by a professional at Greenbar Secure Storage. https://storageunitcentraloregon.com/ has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, Oregon. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean storage solutions in the Prineville, Oregon region. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses.