There are several types of professionals without whom life can get difficult and dangerous for you. These include plumbers, electricians, and carpenters to name a few. When you talk about electricians, you easily picturize a person working on some electrical wires and connections in your mind. However, if you look at the tasks electricians normally do, you will come to know that they do not just deal with electrical wires and connections alone. There are several other aspects to an electrical project that electricians have to handle as a part of their job profile. Once you gain some knowledge about their types of jobs, you will also come to know about the various types of electricians out there.
Job Tasks of an Electrician in Short
Most of you may wonder about the type of jobs that a THG Electrical electrician Adelaide normally does. In order to understand the type of work they do, it is important for you to understand about their work. Basically, electricians are paid to complete all the wiring that will help to bring electricity into a building. They are also paid to ensure that the wirings are in working condition all the time. These electricians work in adherence to various safety rules and regulations in order to make sure that all types of buildings have sufficient amount of power to function smoothly and to do so in a safe and secure manner.
Kinds of Electricians
When it comes to electricians, there are primarily four types of electricians. These have been categorized based on the type of electrical jobs they handle. These four types of electricians have been listed below for your knowledge.
- Inside Wiremen: These types of electricians are responsible for placing and maintaining all the electrical wires that lead into larger structures that include airports, factories, buildings, schools, arenas, colleges, and municipal buildings to name a few.
- Residential Wiremen: As the name suggests, these type of electricians are responsible for installing and maintaining all the electrical wires that lead to different residential buildings where people live.
- Outside Linemen: These type of electricians mainly set up the cables that basically travel from different power plants to various homes and buildings. You will often see these electricians up on tall telephone poles laying thick cables on the two sides of the road.
- Telecommunications Electricians: These type of electricians lay the cable that is important for all types of communications such as computer, telephone, and local area networking.
Job Responsibilities of Electricians
Here is a small list of the various types of electrical jobs and the type of electrician who are capable enough to work on such jobs.
- Planning the layout, as well as, the installation of different wiring throughout a building or a number of buildings – all types of electricians.
- Installing various electrical machines inside factories – inside wiremen.
- Reading the blueprints in order to understand about the positions of different outlets, circuits, and other electrical components that either need to be located or installed – all types of electricians.
- Installing systems that can allow intercoms, security alarms, telephones, and computers to work smoothly – telecommunications electricians.